We are a thriving boutique litigation firm headquartered in the heart of Weston Mount-Dennis. We are well-known for winning high-profile Human Rights Cases including labour & employment, insurance litigation, civil rights and social activism cases for both plaintiffs and defendants. Our firm is well-regarded within the insurance industry for representing children and families in the aftermath of severe accidents resulting in a fatality or serious medical injuries. We aggressively pursue litigation against insurance companies to ensure our clients get access to the legal system to obtain the medical care and compensation they deserve.
We have regularly accepted all cases with a strong social justice component to them and consistently obtain wins on behalf of our plaintiffs. Our knowledge is frequently called upon by industry stakeholders and the media alike including the Toronto Star, CBC, CTV, City News, Globe and Mail, National Post, Toronto Sun and a wide cross-section of community-run publications. We regularly give back to the community through pro bono work and donations to charitable causes.
“Representation in both French and English.”
Additional Languages spoken:
Spanish, German, Tigrinya, American Sign Language (ASL)
MY PRACTICE AREAS
WHAT MY CLIENTS SAY:
- Nelson FamilySaron has gone beyond the extra mile to ensure my success.Saron has skillfully navigated the legal crosswords in our human rights matter and has mobilized the community’s support on behalf of Black workers in Canada. Her passion for advocating for the rights of visible minorities and other social justice causes is refreshing and empowering, as only a few dares take this uncomfortable path. Since retaining her services, Saron has gone beyond the extra mile to ensure my success. I wholeheartedly recommend the People's Lawyer, Saron Gebresellassi.”
- Desmond ColeShe is an advocate who creates platforms for her clients and amplifies their voices“When I witness Saron working with her clients, I think of the French word for lawyer, “avocat.” Saron does not merely represent people, she is an advocate who creates platforms for her clients and amplifies their voices. Her long-term vision for justice and equity is evident in the kinds of cases she chooses, in her support for vulnerable people in our communities who might not otherwise find representation. Saron clearly takes pride in scoring victories on behalf of her clients and the wider community. I am so proud to know Saron and to work in partnership with her.”
- Sandra HudsonSaron Gebresellassi and the community-beloved People’s FirmI have worked with Saron Gebresellassi and the community-beloved People’s Firm for about three years now and I have nothing but strong sentiments of gratitude and praise to offer about my experience. Ms. Gebresellassi is a passionate, fearless and inspiring advocate who has an unwavering commitment to supporting people experiencing injustice. What sets her apart from her peers is her willingness to take bold, principled steps in her efforts to bring her clients the justice they deserve. I feel privileged to have worked with the People’s Firm and am excited to work with Ms. Gebresellassi where our efforts come together to serve our community in the future.
- How do I book a legal consultation?
- How much time does a consultation take?
- How much does a consultation cost?
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- To book a consultation you must call us at (416) 887-5291, submit an online form request on our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our team will then contact you to schedule a consultation with Saron.
- A legal consultation will take 1.5 – 2 hours to complete.
- The cost is $600 plus HST ($678.00).
- Acceptable methods of payment are limited to Interac e-transfer (payable to email@example.com), money order, certified cheque or bank draft. Please note we do not accept cash, regular cheque, PayPal, credit card or debit card.